Marko's Photo Album

• mike (Private)
    4 years 8 months ago
    DSC 1131
    wow!
  • Sonny Bou (Private)
    4 years 11 months ago
    Great trip report, Marko, and you still managed to snap such beautiful photos despite the weather!  I've had my share of bad weather and bugs in the Skoki area as well, but if you go in there enough times, you're bound to hit some nice weather once in awhile!  Actually, I find September to be the best time to go in there.  Mosquitoes are usually finished by then, and the weather is generally more stable despite the cooler temperatures.
  • 4 years 11 months ago
    Exquisite view... still lots of snow too.
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    5 years 1 month ago
    Very nice hike. I would agree that it is best done clockwise. Requires a very modest amount of scrambling to the first peak, and then it's pretty straight forward.
  • JCD (Private)
    5 years 1 month ago
    Great scenary Marko!
  • BubblyBuble (Private)
    5 years 1 month ago
    DSC 6468
  • Aida (Private)
    5 years 1 month ago
    DSC 6241
    Guys!

You continue to amaze me, but admire your spirit and enthusiasm.

Aida
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    5 years 2 months ago
    DSC 6119
    So you were spying on us. I was wondering if you intended to climb Association. You had a long day too.
    Gerry
  • Geoff C. (Private)
    5 years 2 months ago
    DSC 5859
    Almost can sense the touch of that water!
  • (Anonymously) (Private)
    5 years 2 months ago
    DSC 5616
    Looks perfect for a grizzly for the winter!

Sam.
  • StevenSong Premium user Canada (Private)
    5 years 3 months ago
    DSC 5635 6 7
    Nice shot Marko!
    This cave is near Heart Mountain turnoff right? I once heard of it. Last December I met a local guy in Banff and he mentioned this cave once about using to store military stuffs.
    • Marko Premium user Canada (Private)
      5 years 3 months ago
      Thanks Steven. Yes, you can easily hike to it from the Heart Creek / Heart Mountain trailhead. A guy blogged about this cave being used by the military during the g8 summit. I find that pretty bizarre.
  • Adrian (Private)
    5 years 3 months ago
    DSC 3859
    In dry conditions, would you consider this drainage to be a good ascent route up Kananaskis Peak?I've been twice both Wasootch Peak and GR338442 so I wouldn't want to do repeats of the route. Cheers,Adi
    • (Anonymously) (Private)
      5 years 3 months ago
      I'm sure you could, but I don't know that it would be a preferable route to Wasootch or GR338442. Personally I would take the well establish Wasootch Peak trail, that way you're not bushwhacking, you've got nice views on the way up and an interesting traverse.
  • StevenSong Premium user Canada (Private)
    5 years 4 months ago
    DSC 2586
    WOW you went to China? You'r really a photographer! I climbed Mt. Emei back to 2006, and my photos suck.
    • Marko Premium user Canada (Private)
      5 years 4 months ago
      I like to think I'm a photographer, but it's really just a hobby. :) I was in China in 2010. It was quite different from what I thought it would be. I thought I would see a lot more ruins and old temples, but what really surprised me was the natural beauty. I haven't put all my photos on Fotki yet, but I have some of my favorites here:

Photos taken by Marko Stavric